Sinker EDM Service
Sinker Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) works is completely different with metal cutting, It is a machining process that use electrical erosion to create desired shape or mirror surface finish.
In manufacturing process, The electrical spark is created between an electrode and a workpiece, the temperature of the electric spark can reach 8000-12000 degree Celsius, machines can carefully control the spark to affect the surface of the workpiece, the material is removed from the workpiece by series of repeated discharging to achieve the desired shape and dimension needs.
Sinker EDM is widely used in machining various of materials with very high melting point, excellent strength and high toughness, such as tool steel, stainless steel and tungsten carbide and so more.
Sinker EDM Working Case
As the much more sophisticated workpieces machining process are need in the electronics industry, We are working hard to enhance our abilities in this area. Our latest machines are capable of a variety of shapes and sizes to meet customers’ requirements.
For more than a decade, we focus on machining spare parts for semiconductor industry with service profile grinding and Sinker EDM with tight tolerance +/-0.005mm. The material can be SKD11 or carbide.
From start to finish, by utilizing our machining capacities, Even if this part is very complex we are able to provide a finished carbide parts within 3 weeks without waiting for performs process. We can design and produce the electrode and Sinker EDM the holes with great accuracy and surface finish.
With our EDM operations, we help manufacturers whose current machined components don’t fit into their existing equipment, offering a better and cost-effective way to be up with their manufacturing demands. In addition, our machining capacity can produce any complex shapes for the hard workpiece.
The Benefits of Sinker EDM
Sinker EDM is not relied on the mechanical strength and the cutting force. It directly uses the electrical and thermal energy to remove the extra material. This manufacturing process has the following benefits comparing with the mechanical cutting process.
- Suitable for machining various of shapes and sizes blind cavities.
- Extremely hard material machined which the traditional machining way can’t produce. And good tolerance guaranteed.
- When machining the small parts, Sinker EDM can avoid the damage from working pressure.
- Since there’s no contact between workpiece and electrode, It is greatly avoid the distortion when machining the precision week and parts.
- Excellent accuracy and surface finish control with great structural integrity.
- Automatic production can be processed.
Improve the reliability, greater consistency, repeatability, and efficiency
Optimized the processing technology. Influenced by the material performance, some process can be working after treatment.
The Limitations of Sinker EDM
The Sinker EDM has lots of advantages during the manufacturing process, however, there’re still some limitations that we can’t ignore:
- Mainly for metal machining and not suitable for plastic, ceramic and other non-conducting materials.
- Less efficiency. The speed rate of removing extra material is lower compared with CNC machining.
- Some limitation of tolerance. The electrode loss exists in the Sinker EDM process, mainly in the area of corner or bottom area, it will infect the precision of dimensions.
- External working conditions for having working in the fluid.
|Process||Radius, Form and any complex|
|Part Types||Special Machine Parts
Die Components Gage
Punches and Dies
|Surface Finish||0.4μm (polish)|
|Inspection Instruments||Inspection Instruments
|Typical Lead Time||AS short as one day for urgent|
|File Formats||CAD/CAM System